Approved by the 5th Session of the 1st Board of Directors Meeting on February 18, 2020
The Taiwan Creative Content Agency (hereafter “TAICCA”) shall provide Taiwan Comic Base (hereafter "the Base”) membership services according to the terms and scope of use provided by the Taiwan Comic Base Membership Agreement (hereafter “the Service Agreement”), and ensure that members understand the relevant provisions for using the Base member service. The detailed terms of service are as follows:
I. Awareness and Consent Terms
- If you are a minor under the age of 20, you must read, understand, and agree to all of the contents of this agreement and its subsequent revisions with your parent (or legal guardian) in order to register as a member. When a member uses or continues to use the Base member services, the member's parent (or legal guardian) is deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to accept the entire contents of the terms of service and its subsequent revisions.
- When you apply for registration as a member of the Base, you have agreed to abide by the following rules in order to qualify as a Base member:
- Check-select the Base membership type according to your needs (see Appendix 1 “Taiwan Comic Base Membership Level”) and fill-out the latest correct personal information. After review and approval by TAICCA, you shall qualify for the Base membership and obtain the mobile membership card (for use on the Base website and APP), be able to use the point accumulation and redemption functions, and enjoy the rights and interests of the corresponding membership levels.
- You must keep your member account and password secure. You are obligated to properly secure your account and password, which shall not be provided to any third-parties for use. If you lose your account or password, discover that your account password has been used without authorization, or found other security problems; you must notify the Base Management Unit immediately. If the Base member service system cannot effectively prevent or correct the problem due to the member's failure to provide timely notice, the member shall be held liable for all of the losses thus incurred.
- After a member has logged in using the Base website or mobile APP, the member must also log out properly. TAICCA shall not be responsible for any damages incurred due to non-compliance with this provision, and the member shall bear full legal liability.
- Both the member and TAICCA hereby agree to use the entire membership service content, including its expressions of intentions, which shall be expressed in writing or via electronic documents.
- The member promises not to use this member service for any illegal purpose or in any illicit manner, and pledges to abide by the relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of China as well as the international norms of Internet utilization. If the member is a foreigner outside of the Republic of China, the member hereby agrees to abide by the laws and regulations of the member’s country or region. The member agree and guarantee that he/she shall not use this service to engage in acts that infringe upon the rights and interests of TAICCA or others or in other illegal manners including, but not limited, to:
- Publish or transmit any defamatory, insulting, threatening, offensive, indecent, obscene, false, or contents in violation of public order or good customs as well as other illegal text, photos, or files in any form.
- Infringe or damage the reputation, privacy, trade secrets, trademark rights, copyrights, patent rights, and other intellectual property rights as well as the rights of TAICCA, this Base, or others.
- Violate the confidentiality obligations under the law or a contract.
- Engaging in commercial activities without the prior authorization of TAICCA.
- Other behaviors that do not conform to the purpose of use provided by this service or behaviors deemed by TAICCA as inappropriate under good cause.
II. Service Description
- The Base has adopted the membership and user payment system. Members shall enjoy the membership benefits (Appendix 1 “Taiwan Comic Base Membership Level”) as well as services of the Base within the membership validity period and according to the membership level; make reservation with the Base, pay, or use points to pay for the specific membership service items according to your needs; and abide by the relevant terms of service.
- Please refer to the latest fee rates (Appendix 2 "Taiwan Comic Base Membership Service Items") and space service announcements for relevant member service fees. If a reservation is required for member service items, members can make a reservation using the Base APP or the service counter on the 4th floor of the Base. :
- According to authority, TAICCA may adjust the scope of Base membership services that you may enjoy according to your membership qualification. You are aware and agree that TAICCA may adjust the Base services and service fees at any time. If a member disagrees with the fee adjustment, the member may terminate the membership or cancel the scheduled membership service of the Base at any time. If the service fee for a reservation that has been canceled in advance has already been deducted, please contact the service counter on the 4th floor of the base to apply for a refund or retrieve the points.
- When a member rents equipment or uses items or workstation (seat) space from the base, the member must provide due care of a good manager in addition to observing the terms of service as well as the relevant precautions and regulations of the Base. In case of any damage or destruction, the member shall be liable for compensation according to the items’ prices.
- If a member has any of the following conditions, TAICCA shall be entitled to restrict the member's account and permission to use the services, and/or terminate the membership qualification without prior notice:
- Declared bankruptcy;
- Individual member has died or is unable to handle daily affairs due to mental or physical illness or injury;
- TAICCA has sufficient reason to believe that the member's reservation and use of the space will affect the normal operation of the Base or its safety or reputation;
- Malicious cancellation for large volumes of reserved space usage;
- The member's behavior constitutes a major breach of the terms of service, TAICCA is convinced that the member has no intention of complying with the terms of service due to repeated violations, or the member has failed to make corrections within 5 days after receiving a notice from TAICCA;
- The member's behaviors have affected the order of the Base, violated fire protection laws as well as health and safety laws, and negatively impacted the personnel of the base.
III. Payment Method and Point Usage Instructions
- Fees incurred by a Base member can be paid in cash (at the service counter on the 4th floor of the base) or redeemed using the member's points. If the member uses point redemption, please verify the point balance during payment. After checkout, the transaction is deemed as final and without objection.
- The member points of the Base can be obtained via point allocation when spending in the Base's stores according to the member's rights and interests. To accumulate points during consumption, please present your physical or mobile membership card before checkout in order to enjoy discounts and point accumulation rights. Members can make inquiries at the service counter on the 4th floor of the Base using the physical membership card, or download the Base APP and bind the physical or mobile membership card.
- When members accumulate points or use points to redeem member service items at this Base, the electronic data automatically recorded by the Base’s computer system shall prevail. In case of a dispute, the electronic data shall be used as the verification standard. If incorrect transaction information is discovered, notify the contact window of the Base immediately (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; telephone: 02-25553155).
- Member points are for personal use only.
IV. Workstation (Seat) Space Usage Specifications and Compensation Liability
- Use Reservation:
- Member reservation workstations (seats) are offered at the space on the 4th floor of this Base, and Base equipment use or rental is available. However, TAICCA shall be entitled to delete member reservations. A reservation system is adopted for workstations (seats) of the Base. Unless approved by TAICCA, the fair use method is adopted and a member can only reserve one seat at a time.
- TAICCA shall organize events for members and/or the general public from time to time. TAICCA may change workstations (seats) to collaborate with the events held, and the alternative workstation (seat) spaces may not meet the needs of members. The reservation fee shall be refunded in proportion or full depending on the situation. TAICCA shall notify members as soon as possible in case of such an event.
- Members intending to cancel a workstation (seat) reservation shall do so no later than 3 days prior to the date of reservation using the Base APP or notify the Base's service counter in order to effectuate the cancellation. Another reservation time must be made in exchange for the cancellation, and the fee is not refundable. If a reservation is not canceled according to the provisions of this herein, there is no right to make another reservation, and TAICCA shall not refund the points redeemed.
- Maintenance and Behavior Agreement:
- Workstation (seat) users shall return the table, chair, items, and environment to their original state when the reservation time expires; and clear all other personal articles that do not belong to the Base. Please refer to the on-site use instructions for garbage disposal and provide a clean space for the next user.
- If a member has left trash or personal items and/or caused environment or equipment damages after using the workstation (seat), TAICCA shall be entitled to charge additional cleaning, removal, or compensation fees against the member as appropriate. If a member intentionally or negligently causes damage to the Base, TAICCA may claim compensation from the member.
- Members are not permitted to change or remove any objects except with the prior consent of TAICCA. In case of violation, the member shall compensate the Base for the damage thus incurred.
- Use behavior agreement: The workstation (seat) space is for the creative use of members. Please lower the volume, do not make loud noises, disturb the peace of others, or obstruct their right to use. No cooking, open flame, pets (except for guide dogs), dangerous objects, smoking, drugs, gambling, or other behaviors in violation of laws and regulations, public order, or good customs shall be permitted. If a member does not listen to the instruction of the management staff of the Base, TAICCA shall directly cancel the member's right to use at the time, the reservation points redeemed shall not be returned, and the member is solely responsible for all legal liabilities.
- Management of Personal Belongings:
TAICCA shall not be responsible for any storage or liability for any items placed in space of this Base when members use the services of this Base. If no one claims the personal belongings left by a member in the space of the Base within 30 days after the management personnel of the Base found it, TAICCA shall be entitled to acquire ownership and dispose of the items accordingly, and the member shall be liable for damages suffered by TAICCA as a result.
- Visitor Agreement:
- When a member uses the workstation (seat) space at the reserved time, he/she may invite guests to visit briefly. To maintain the rights of others to use the space, TAICCA shall be entitled to ask any visitor to leave the workstation space.
- Member visitors shall register the visitor information at the service counter on the 4th floor of the Base.
- Members are obliged to inform their guests of the regulations and liability for the use of workstation (seat) space, and shall agree to take full legal responsibility for the behavior of their visitors at the Base space.
V. Service Termination and Processing
- Members may write an Email to email@example.com at any time to TAICCA to terminate the membership qualification. In the case of unsettled service fees or compensation, TAICCA shall continue to exercise the right to claim payment from the member.
- If a member has any of the following circumstances, TAICCA may immediately terminate or restrict the membership, and/or stop providing services permanently or temporarily:
- Declaration of death, bankruptcy, assistance, or guardianship;
- Your reservation or use of the Base’s membership services have affected the normal operation, safety maintenance (including the safety assurance for any person in this base), or reputation of the Base;
- Repeated violation of the terms of service and failed to correct within the set deadline;
- Actions that constitute a major breach of the terms of service or affect the interests of the TAICCA or the Base;
- Other illegal and criminal acts with severe circumstances.
VI. Intellectual Property Rights
- Members shall respect and agree not to infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others when using this membership service. In case of such infringement, TAICCA shall revoke the member’s membership and permanently ban the member from using member services.
- The software, photos, programs, and all website contents used by TAICCA to operate the Base including, but not limited to, designs, drawings, texts, images, files, information (data), website, APP screen layouts, designs, or other intellectual property rights owned by TAICCA or other rights holders shall cover, but are limited to, trademark rights, patent rights, copyrights, trade secrets, and proprietary technologies. Unless otherwise stipulated by the rights holder, no one shall arbitrarily use, modify, remake, publicly broadcast, revise, distribute, publicly transmit, publicly publish, or perform reverse engineering decompilation or reverse compilation without authorization from TAICCA or the rights holder. Any violation shall be handled by TAICCA in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, and the responsible member shall be held liable for damages suffered by TAICCA (including, but not limited to, litigation costs, and attorney fees). TAICCA shall revoke the member's qualification, ban the member from using the membership services, and permanently reject the member’s membership application.
- TAICCA shall not be liable for any compensation or indemnity for damages caused by its members; and shall be entitled to suspend, change, or terminate all or part of the member services under any one of the following circumstances:
- TAICCA has moved, replaced, upgraded, maintained, or repaired the software and hardware equipment related to this service.
- Any member who has violated government laws or the terms of service.
- Natural disasters or force majeure issues.
- When the member’s service information is incorrectly displayed, forged, falsified, deleted, or retrieved due to reasons that TAICCA cannot control, or the system is interrupted or cannot operate normally.
- Other reasons are not attributable to TAICCA.
- TAICCA shall adopt generally reasonable techniques and methods to maintain the normal operation of the Base member service system and the Base online platform (including, but not limited to, websites and APPs [hereafter “the Online Platform”]). However, TAICCA shall be entitled to terminate or suspend the services under any of the following circumstances without any compensation or indemnity:
- When it is necessary to maintain the electronic communication equipment of TAICCA or the Base.
- When a sudden electronic communication equipment failure occurs.
- When the electronic communication service of TAICCA or the Base is stopped and the service cannot be provided.
- When the website of the Base cannot provide services due to force majeure or other reasons that are not attributable to TAICCA.
- TAICCA does not provide any expressed or implied guarantee for this online platform including, but not limited to, the following:
- The online platform is interference-free, safe and reliable, free from errors, or has real-time updates.
- The results obtained by using this online platform are correct or reliable.
- Any products, services, information, or other information obtained through this online platform will meet the members’ needs or expectations.
- Members shall assess and bear their own risks when using this online platform to obtain any information and are solely responsible for any damage or data loss due to downloading the aforesaid data using this online platform.
- All comments, opinions, or behaviors provided by a member on this online platform only represent the views of said member. All members must guarantee that any creations published or used by the members on this online platform are personal and non-infringing, and TAICCI and the Base shall not bear any responsibilities.
- The terms of service shall not represent any partnership, joint venture, agency, or joint relations between the members and TAICCA. Members shall not misrepresent their legal relations with TAICCA to anyone or engage in any commercial or other acts under TAICCA’s name (including, but not limited to, acts by individuals or joint relations).
- Neither party shall be liable for breach of contract due to payment delay or unable to pay caused by force majeure issues.
VIII. Penalty for Damages
- If a member receives penalty fines due to violating the terms of service, TAICCI may deduct the points accumulated by the member accordingly in addition to seeking compensation for damages, and the member shall not object.
- If a member violates the relevant laws or regulations or any of the membership terms and causes TAICCI, the Base, employees, trustees, agents, and other relevant performance assistants to suffer damages or expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys and related litigation costs incurred in civil, criminal, and administrative procedures); the member shall be held liable for damages or the expenses thus incurred.
IX. Modification of Terms
TAICCI shall be entitled to modify or change the contents of the terms of service at any time. The modified contents shall be published on the website without any additional notification to members. Members must pay attention to such modifications or changes at any time. When a member continues to use the Service after any modification or change, the member is deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to accept such modification or change. If a member neither agrees with the aforesaid terms of service modification or update method nor accepts any other contents of the terms of service, the member must stop using the service immediately.
X. Governing Law and Jurisdiction Court
- The interpretation, supplement, and application of the terms of service shall be governed by the relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of China. If all or part of any provisions in the terms of service is invalid, it shall not affect the validity of other provisions.
- Should a dispute arise from the terms of service, the parties agree that the Taipei District Court of Taiwan shall be the court of first instance jurisdiction.